Barter`s syndrome is due to Hypokalemia (low potassium levels in the body).
• Renal potassium wasting - hyperplasia of the juxtamedular and medullary cells (inner linings of the kidney), renal tubular defects.
• Alteration of blood pressure.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Periodic paralysis.
• Avoid tea and coffee and caffeinated drinks.
• Avoid aerated drinks.
• Have well balanced diet.
• Consume sodium chloride (common table salt) generously, to maintain the balance between the intra cellular and extra cellular fluids:
– Generously use salt in cooking.
– Other sources of salts are - baking powder and baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), monosodium glutamate and sodium benzoate. These are commonly known as Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, onion salt, garlic salt and buillon salt.
– Consume foods rich in sodium like- milk, egg white, meat, poultry, fish, green leafy vegetables, beet root, radish, carrot, cauliflower, lotus stem, pulses, spices like cumin seeds etc.
– Japanese sea – arame, hijiki, kombu and nori.
– Seaweeds, rye, tomatoes, lettuce, celery and olives are good source of chloride.
• Increase intake of potassium in your diet:
– Fish like cod, salmon, flounder and sardines are very good source of potassium.
– Vegetables like lima beans, peas, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes with their skins.
– Japanese sea plants – arame, hijiki, kombu and nori.
– Green leafy vegetables like spinach, parsley and lettuce contain potassium.
– Fruits like citrus fruits (oranges), apple, banana and apricots (dried ones) are high in potassium.
– Water of green coconut is the best source of potassium.
• Potassium supplements can be taken with advice of your physician.
• Consult your physician for proper treatment of the disease.
Gupta Computerised Homeopathic Clinic East Delhi 9811022908